I (Steve. Kate is still okay with the kid) am no longer allowed at my daughters doctor visits.
Why? Well it's a great story.
We took Lea to her two month well check a few Fridays ago for the dreaded first shots. I broached the topic with multiple co-workers of mine--resulting in a near universal "it sucks to see you kid get shots." Going into the doc visit I fully expected the screaming and the anger emanating from the child. I was hopeful that I had properly desensitized myself when the needles came out. I was wrong. Granted the reaction was not what I expected. When the nurses held her down and poked her with a needle on each side, (which is a brilliant way to approach shots I must say) I laughed. Yup. Daughter screaming on the table and there's dad laughing at her. In my defense, no one told me how cute the "scream with no sound coming out" was going to be. So I'm heartless. Whatever. It was cute...and funny.
BTW her stats were all on line with her birth weight. She was 9 lb, 10 oz and 22.5 inches.
Here are some bonus pictures of her to focus on so you all stop judging me.
Why? Well it's a great story.
We took Lea to her two month well check a few Fridays ago for the dreaded first shots. I broached the topic with multiple co-workers of mine--resulting in a near universal "it sucks to see you kid get shots." Going into the doc visit I fully expected the screaming and the anger emanating from the child. I was hopeful that I had properly desensitized myself when the needles came out. I was wrong. Granted the reaction was not what I expected. When the nurses held her down and poked her with a needle on each side, (which is a brilliant way to approach shots I must say) I laughed. Yup. Daughter screaming on the table and there's dad laughing at her. In my defense, no one told me how cute the "scream with no sound coming out" was going to be. So I'm heartless. Whatever. It was cute...and funny.
BTW her stats were all on line with her birth weight. She was 9 lb, 10 oz and 22.5 inches.
Here are some bonus pictures of her to focus on so you all stop judging me.
No comments:
Post a Comment