Wednesday, June 8, 2011

June = Whole Lotta Dad Daughter Time

Happy summer everyone (granted I believe the first day of summer is technichally June 20th [according to google that is]),

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer break. What? Not everyone gets a few months off during the hot time of the year? Well be sure to know that I, so far, have been enjoying my break for the both of us. Assuming only one, or anyone, is reading this thing.

Update from the Sand household:

I am currently taking a Macroeconomics course because the State of Iowa believes that a Masters in Social Sciences is not proficient enough training to grant me an all social studies educators license. So that's fun. I've been telling myself that I don't care about my grade as all as I pass, which means I get to obsess over all the minute details to ensure that I ace the stupid course. Stupid learning.

Kate is still doing something for the government. If you remember a month or two ago, the federales almost shut the whole thing down-which would have given her a nice little unpaid vacation. Alas, the machine continues to chog along. No break for Katy. She's also conintuing to hound me to post on the blog, which must have worked because here I am typing away.

Lea. Okay here's the reason everyone is read. The kid is growing and growing. Still built like Kate with my head. I'm still thinking that's going to be awesome when she's in middle school. She's still not walking yet, but very interested in the idea. She can stand on her own, and balance without help for a decent chuck of time. Will take some steps by herself, but crawling is her perferred method of travel. She will still drag her head while she crawls, not as much as she used to. I attempted to snap a picture of it, but everytime she'd look up and come after the camera. I've got loads of pictures of Lea reaching out.

The remaining 6 teeth are all pushing through at the same time. This causes Lea to turn into the little ball of hate (which I'm told is the nickname of her Aunt Joy, so she's in good company) at times. On the bright side I'm told that this will be it for teeth for awhile--but at this rate her wisdom teeth will be in by the time she's three.

She's also gained a little interest in watching TV (as you'll see from a couple of pictures below). She gets pretty excited for Sesame Street. She really doesn't have a favorite part, nor does she pay attention for the entire show. She kind checks in and out, but is very happy for 5 minute periods. She's also started (as of yesterday and this morning) sitting on my chest to watch TV. I think of how my older brothers used to do the same thing when I was younger. Funny how life is cyclical.

Currently she's taking a nap, I'm hopefully that I can finish and post before she awakes. Here are some pictures from the last week or so.

Here's Lea is Lea looking cute in a new dress. When I picked her up from daycare this day she was in a onesie. Turns out she was stripping and crawling around in her diaper only. Just what a father wants to her about his daughter. Lea and I had a long talk afterwards. I'd talk, she'd get books for me to read her. I think we had a break through.




This is my "Lea looking cute with dad on the couch" picture. She likes sitting on the coach with us. Sits like an adult. It's weird.



Lea relaxing watching TV. She did this herself. This is not faked or Photoshoped. Turns out her and dad have at least one thing in common.




Same picture better angle. Fantastic.



No comments:

Post a Comment