Sunday, August 5, 2012

News and Notes

The posting I was going to do following the Michigan vacation didn't so much happen as I planned. Lea was able to push bed time throughout summer back to the point in which my motivation had waned.  Thus a short and not exactly comprehensive list of items I was thinking of writing about over the course of the last 5 weeks. (BTW We are watching Dick Tracy. Yes, we are super cool and own the DVD. I don't think I've seen this movie straight through since it was in the theater.  I feel 9 years old again. I really want a Dick Tracy t-shirt now.  The Rocketeer is next on our list.  Is there anything better than intentionally campy early '90s movies. I say no.)

First off a little current event.

Scene: Lea and I downstairs. Lea has a dirty diaper.

Steve: Kate, can you throw down a diaper and wipes.

Diapers and wipes appear as if from no where.

Lea: Mommmmmm! BUTT CREAM!

Steve: Yeah. Send down the butt cream.

End.

In regards to the President Ford Museum and Library in Michigan-

I was thoroughly disappointed that the following clip was not playing as I entered the museum, let alone anywhere for that matter.  Please take the five minutes to watch the whole thing.  Comic gold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkhwiuRbOEE


First trip to the Altoona Pool (Aquatic Center for you snobs out there).  Women must instinctively know how to lay out.  That's the only explanation for this picture. I refuse to accept any other reasoning.

We went to the pool several times in late July.  She was always mad that we couldn't ride down the big slide.  I was mad too. 


Macaroni and cheese (Easy-Mac style, a staple of my college roommate Adam) is a perfectly acceptable option for breakfast (She's eating reheated Easy-Mac right now, second supper).  Even for Minnie Mouse.  Yes, I had to warm up the Mac and Cheese.  Sit Minnie down, put a bib on her and get her milk.  I wish that one of those were my idea. I can add 'take's orders well' to my resume.


Lea Grace Sand, Class of 2028.


Ducks walked through our yard.  Thought you should know.


This is my rendition of the folks over at the Castle of Van de Walle blog. Kelly has the golf club.  Similar to my works of Aunt Joy and Uncle Chris, all grandparent, as well as Mom and Dad.  Lea misses these people and Magna-doodle is the best technology I have to locate a picture of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment