Happy fun news first. Katy is caring another spawn of ours. This one is going to be a boy. Lea is willing, begrudgingly, to share her crib with him. I'm not sure she really understands what is going to happen in the middle of June. If you have boy names, we are open to suggestions. Baby-brother, baby boy Sand, and Atticus are the front runners.
First off Lea had a series of Christmases that lasted 3 weeks. Yes. It was nearly a month of Christmases. I'm done with Christmas. We could skip it next year. Lea won't know. Like she can decipher a calendar. I can barely decipher a calendar. In this time we traveled to no less than 6 states (Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesota, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia) (I am counting North Carolina even though we only spent time in the airport). We flew on a plane with Lea for the first time. (She still insists on going on an airplane about four times a week. We just agree with her, not worth the argument) Lea experienced her first layover. We spent an extra three hours in the Charlotte Airport. The short story is as follows: plane was supposed to take off before 10 pm, and it actually took off close to 1 am. Awesome. Lea saw the Atlantic Ocean for the first time. We played with lots of cousins on both side. If I would have blogged earlier I would be more detailed. I'm lazy, you should know that by now.
Lea also had a birthday--which also lasted three weeks. The short is, again: Evans family first weekend, little kids party second weekend, and Sand family third weekend. She now wakes up each morning disappointed because there are no new presents for her. Hoping she gets used to disappointment.
We, as a family unit, have made the bold decision to start potty training. Lea was not on bored with this idea initially. Actually I still don't think Lea is on board with the idea but we're rolling with it anyways. This led to a fun exchange the other day between Lea's Aunt Joy and me. (I'm approximating the conversation. Not sure my memory would hold up in court.)
Joy: "How's potty training going?"
Me: "Eh. Some success. I've learned to lower my expectations. Once I stopped expecting her to get it right away, I think it's helped."
Joy: "Yeah, because she's three."
So apparently stubborn three year old's who don't like change and won't potty train quickly. Those of you with miracle children who got "it" right away get to keep your stories to yourself. It's my blog. (BTW, she just went poop on the potty for the first time. We had to take a potty break.)
This leads me to the story of the second proudest I've ever been of my daughter. This was Wednesday or so of this past week. We had been potty training at home and at daycare for 4 days. We had yet to get her to go at home after daycare, but she was having some success at daycare. Wednesday night rolls around. We head upstairs to start our bedtime routine. Drop her on the potty. She goes! Yea! We treat her like one of Pavlov's dogs, every time she goes in the potty she gets a reward of some chocolate. Back to the story, she goes! Success! She gets a treat! Not five minutes later she asks to go again. And she goes! Another treat! Another success! Then she spends the next 10 minutes on the potty trying to squeeze out another drop. Playing the system already.
Finally the capstone story. The moment I knew Lea was indeed my blood, and to be honest, I couldn't have been prouder at the time. Kate had a "girls night." I assume this means she and her friends get together and talk about how much they miss their kids. Leading them in to a tailspin of mom guilt. Anyways, I get to cook Lea supper. She like pizza, so I cook her a Totino's. For which she eats the entire thing. (Granted she does this over the course of two hours, but it counts!) I immediately text Kate to spread the good news. Incredible!
Here are some videos followed by some pics of our travels and recent adventures.
I call this video: Lea with a box on her head.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DDYrU7TPdU
In this video we witness Lea's world famous mom impression. Note the bossiness of her voice and how much she enjoy's sending me to bed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXmP4piD08c
Lea is her Man v Food impression. This is from today (3/3/13)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHfaM-exvmY
Lea with her cousin Nicholas in Georgia.
Lea playing in the Atlantic Ocean on Tybee Island, which is outside of Savannah, Georgia. Her first comment when we got to the beach was "Where's my swim suit." Apparently she did not care that it was winter.
Lea and cousin Chole pretending to be birds. They were trying to make friends with the birds in order to play with them. I may have suggested that they attempt this. I'm a good parent.
2 am just after landing in Minneapolis. Original arrival time was 11:50something.
This picture is out of order. Pretend this was before the previous pic. Lea on the beach.
Uncle Chris and Aunt Joy got Lea a Cinderella dress for her birthday. The present has gone over very well. This is the best picture we've gotten of her wear said dress.
Lea likes the snow. Kate does not. Guess who gets to go outside with Lea.
No comments:
Post a Comment