Thursday, May 13, 2010

Lea v. Malcolm Gladwell

We've established that Lea loves hatin' on the PS3. I would like to explain how she doesn't hate on electronic toys only. She's also beefing with Malcolm Gladwell.

Who is Malcolm Gladwell? He's the author of such books as Blink, Tipping Point, and Outliers. Recently I picked up my copy of Outliers to read--hoping to put the thing away in a couple of weeks or less. (BTW Outliers is about what allows people to achieve at ridiculously high levels in their given fields. E.G. Bill Gates and a host of others that I had never heard of until reading this book. These people do not fall on within the "normal" or even "successful" area on the bell curve. Thus being outliers. I'm sure I didn't sure the correct statistical terminology, and my brother Greg is cringing right now. Cringe Greg. Cringe.) I cruised to page 100, where upon Lea refused to let me read more than a page at a time. I pick up the book and she screams. I calm her down, then pick up the book--she screams. I hold her and the book, and she screams. Seriously. I'm not sure if she hates Gladwell, or just his theory on Outliers--I don't own any of his other books, so I can't do the research. Regardless, I believe my daughter is trying to make me dumber. Thanks kid.

Bonus Pictures. (BTW She just turned 3 months yesterday. I'll be accepting my nomination for father of the year any day now)

Lea mocking Gladwell. (see his book in the right side of the picture)

2 comments:

  1. i will bring "Blink" and "Tipping Point" on Saturday and we can do some research.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! You are an awesome writer:)

    ReplyDelete