Monday, May 10, 2010

Lea v. PS3

I've come to a cold stark realization.

My daughter hates the PS3(Playstation 3 [awesomist video game/bluray system in my house]).



Well...either she hates it or loves the PS3 so much that she has to shout at it as much as possible. Let us being the story a few weeks ago. I decided Lea was old enough to enjoy me not paying attention to her while I take out digitalized bad guys with an fully automatic weapons. Now before you think I'm a horrid father for willingly ignoring my munchkin let me explain how I've been celibate from video games. Lea was born on February 12. I had not used the PS3 for what God intended it since before she joined the game of life. At the time, it had been eleven weeks. Seriously people. Eleven weeks of no video gaming. It's like a lifetime.

Okay, back to the story. I fired up the PS3 and opened my copy of Call of Duty:Modern Warfare 2 (sitting in plastic wrap since around Christmas). Lea expressed her displeasure with my use of both the sniper rifle and the rocket propelled grenade. My gaming experience became heightened when I needed to hold her while playing--which she promptly fell asleep. Let me say that you haven't played video games until you've done it with a sleeping 3 month old in your arms. I still knocked out a couple missions.

Later that evening Lea and I played with Jens and Mila (as mentioned in a previous post). Jens and I broke out the controllers. Mila slept soundly. Lea was wicked angry. So again I held and played. Rather than sleep, Lea decided to critic my abilities at Army of Two: Part 2. Anyone looking for a greater degree of difficultly in any game, play while trying to calm down a screaming child. Kids are awesome...

These pictures sum it up.



No comments:

Post a Comment