Friday Lea had her four month well check. She's (more or less) doubled her birth weight (12 lb, 5 oz), and continues to stretch (24 and 3/4 inches). The doc was pleased with her following her percentiles on the dot. He did pull up her BMI (which I hate--I mean look at me, I'm short..err average height...and stout. BMI tells me that I'm going to be dead in a month or two. BMI tells me I should weigh 160 lbs. Are ya kiddin' me. Stupid BMI) and just laughed, "Well, she's tall and skinny."
She also received her second round of shots. This time I was prepared for her reaction. No laughing by me. Kate (Momma of Lea) mentioned that I laughed to the nurse. The nurse made mention of some people laughing because they are nervous. I stated that I did not laugh because of nerves, I laughed because it was funny. Sorry, point being shots went well. Lea took them like a champ and was laughing at her ladybug friend by the time we left. (Lea's ladybug friend hangs on her car seat. It has replaced the ceiling fan as her best friend in the world. See previous post--Lea talks to her ladybug nearly the entire time she's in the car and she gets loud. Can't wait 'till she's a teenager. Awesome)
No comments:
Post a Comment