Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Lea's case of the Mondays...every Monday

Whenever the Sunday wraps up I find myself staring into the face of another week of sitting on the coach and attempting to get as much done as possible in an hours time. (I can't remember if I posted this or not. I only have about an hour or an hour and a half to get anything done during most normal days. This is during Lea's "good" nap. It comes in the morning, about 30 minutes or so after her first feeding. I've become skilled at quickly and quietly getting my chores completed. I've discovered that it's difficult to consistently get anything done while the kid is awake. Back to the joy that is Monday)

Yesterday reminded me of a quote from the legendary Office Space.

Peter Gibbons: Let me ask you something. When you come in on Monday and you're not feeling real well, does anyone ever say to you, "Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays?" Lawrence: No. No, man. &%$#, no, man. I believe you'd get your %^* kicked sayin' something like that, man.

Okay that was gratuitous. I just wanted to post a quote from Office Space.

Let's examine the average Monday for Lea.

6 am- Wake up as soon as Kate (Mom) shuts the garage door.

6:05 am- Smile at dad time. (best part of the day)

6:10 am- First feeding.

6:30-7:00 am- Play time. (More happy baby time)

7:00 am- Sleep. (I hustle to get as much done as possible--attempting to make mom happy)

8:00 am- Awake. (Every other day she wakes up happy. Monday's naps typically end with shouting...and not from me)

8:15-8:30- I attempt to hold her off from eating right after her nap. 99% of the time I fail. Lea's shouting trumps...well...anything I do. So the second feeding commences.

9:00am- Drop off at daycare. I get to go lift. (Third best part of the day)

10:30ish am- Pick up from daycare. Screaming. Angry at dad. Angry at Jenn (daycare provider). Angry at the world.

10:35 am- I for some reason think since I failed to hold her off of eating earlier in the day, I would be able to successfully calm her down at this time. I wish I was joking. You can guess the result.

10:40 am- Feeding.

1:00-1:30 pm- Feeding. Getting grumpy.

1:40 pm- Angry after feeding. Refusing to take a nap. I get frustrated.

1:45 pm- Lea in car seat. I find a Target (usually Ankeny) that takes long enough to get to for her to fall asleep.

2:00-3:00 pm- I attempt to find enough to look at to keep me entertained while walking Lea around so she sleeps.

3:30 pm- Back home.

3:40 pm- Awake. More than likely angry.

4:00 pm- Feeding...again. For the non-parents out there, you do need to feed kids more than once a day. Crazy.

5:00 pm- Mom returns home. I rejoice. (Lea calms down for some crazy reason)

Yesterday was great. From 4-5 should slept for me as long as I rocked her mobile bed. If I moved, or went to the bathroom, she'd wake up. So there I sat, rocking the bed until Kate came home. Awesome.

This is why I get nothing done.

1 comment:

  1. Loved the Office Space reference! Don't worry someday you'll get stuff done again. Have you tried a baby bjorn? that used to work for me to get stuff done. You're technically holding the baby because she's strapped to your body, you're moving (which they generally like), and your hands are free to do stuff around the house.

    ReplyDelete