Friday, July 2, 2010

Lea doing us a solid


I was supposed to post on the evening of the last blogging post thingy, but to be honest I'm lazy. Can't help it, just am. A few days delayed and here we are on Friday again. (to be honest, everyday is Friday for me...except Mondays...see previous post)


Lea reached the magic age of 4 months, which means time to start eating solids. Well, at least time to start eating something solid like. For those of you without kids, she is eating rice cereal--which when mixed with mom juice looks nothing like Cap'n Crunch. It looks more like gruel...you know the stereotypical food of all prisons and orphanages. (I don't get why the government doesn't come down on orphanages for only serving gruel. I think we need to organize some sort of protest here. Or at the very least an angry letter. Which reminds me of another question, why would Oliver want more? That orphanage was packed and I assume gruel is awful...greedy kid must not have had any taste buds. And what about Annie. Not sure if I care for her. You know, Voldemort was an orphan as well. Are there any good orphans? You know what, I've changed my mind. Let them eat gruel.) To that off, there aren't even any crunch berries in rice cereal. Nor is there a variety of rice cereal. No peanut butter rice cereal. No chocolate rice cereal. This has to be some sort of conspiracy on the part of the rice cereal corporations to get parents to buy their product. I believe it should be renamed rice mushy crap. Much better name. Who wouldn't want to feed their kids rice mushy crap. (It's an apt description. It's APT!!! Sorry non Simpson's watchers)

The kid is eating, life is great. Last night she started playing a game in which I would serve her the rice mushy crap, and she'd stick her tongue out. Reminded me of one of my older brothers who would do the same thing with mash potatoes. Only he was like 14 not 4 months. There' no really good way to end this post so I'll just leave you with some pictures from the intro to rice mushy crap.








No comments:

Post a Comment