Saturday, May 5, 2012

Big Girl

In missing a few days that I was supposed to post, I can honestly say not much interesting happened.  At least nothing worth posting about.  That's what I'm telling myself.   I actually have to go back to work in a few days for the home stretch of the school year and I'm hoping to keep myself motivated to blog.

Enough excuses, on to the fun stuff.

Big occurrence here at the Sand household.  Now I need to get some details out of the way first.  I took Lea to daycare during this two week break, and I don't care who is judging me right now.  Have you ever tried to get anything done with a two year old being helpful the whole day.  That's what I thought.  Now, this past Wednesday I got the bright idea to finally move Lea's twin bed into her room.  Kate and I had been discussing this for about two or three weeks now, and we have been putting off just doing it.  In the process of moving the new bed up stairs and the crib out of Lea's room, I discovered that the crib didn't fit through the door.  I was forced to remove the safety net and it was big girl bed or no sleep for Lea.

It's been three nights and the child has slept through the night without pounding on the door once.  We had to have a discussion about nap time yesterday, which invoked crying and results (i.e. she napped).  

Someone in a book, movie or T.V. show said this parenting this was tough, whatever. On too potty training! (okay, sarcasm doesn't come across well, but that was sarcastic.  I'm dreading potty training.  I want to leaver her in diapers until she comes to feel shame for not being potty trained herself, and she just does it.  That's should work. Right?)

UPDATE: In reference from the "Come'on Man" video I posted.  I'm kicking myself for teaching Lea "Come'on man."  Anytime she hears "come on" she starts repeating "come'on maaaaaan."  Over and over and over and over and over.  At least she's not swearing I guess.

Here's the new look Lea room.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment