Sunday, June 10, 2012

A Dress, a Boat, the Science Center, and My Toes

Not in that order though.  I'm sorry if I'm a little distracted while writing this post we have The Grey on and I enjoy me some Liam Neeson. Hard to complain about the guy, he's even good in bad movies.  Annnnnnnnnd he just survived a plain crash.  Can't kill this Irishmen.

To the point I suppose.

Let us start with the Science Center.  Not an exciting story to be honest.  We took Lea to the Science Center. She didn't cry. See. I told you it wasn't very exciting.  Kinda surprised you've kept reading.  You must be assuming there's some pictures coming.  You'd be right.  Not of the Science Center though.  We forget things like taking pictures of an excited 2 year old running though several exhibits.  (Why is there an h in exhibits. I always spell it like this exibits. Who pronounces that h by the way? English majors I guess, them and Xzibit ironically enough.  Bonus points for those of you who remember who Xzibit is.)

Lea did have fun at the Science Center.  If I had pictures I would show you her playing in the bubble room. I would paint a word picture, but it's 9 pm on a Sunday and I'm usually sleeping right now.  She also interrupted a presentation in the sky lab, which was fun.  The narrator was telling his story about the universe or something trivial like that, and Lea felt he was not focusing on the "STARRRRss" enough. That lasted about two minutes.

This was our, 'oops we forgot to take a picture, picture.'


There is also a room with an egg drop simulation.  It allowed her to push a button and watch an "egg" go really high in the air and then come crashing down to earth.  With a loud thud.  That was entertaining enough for several minutes.  I learned that it matters what color your egg is.  And pink is the best.

We also visited the snake room.  I know that Aunt Joy is reading this and I know she hates snakes more than Liam Neeson hates terrorists who kidnap his daughter. (Taken. See it. It's fantastic.) (Well I guess they weren't terrorists as much as they were international kidnappers. Terrorists sound more dangerous.)

We shall move to the boat.  A row boat to be exact.  This row boat doesn't actually exist.  It is apart of Lea's ever growing imagination.  She will have Kate, or myself, sit behind her.  She then takes a flag (the kind the grass people stick in your yard after they treat it. Yeah, we're great parents) and rows.  All the while singing her rendition of "Row, Row, Row Your Boat."  Granted those are the only lyrics of the song she knows, so they get sung over and over and over and over.  Funny thing, kids like to do the same thing many times in a row without getting board.  Incredible. I think 2 year old's would be great on an assembly line.  Henry Ford was on to something.

My toes.  Kate was gone.  I was alone with Lea.  We both ended up with our toe nails painted purple.  You can connect the dots yourself.


Squint and you can see I have purple toes.

Removing the evidence. So it was one for a week, we won't talk about that.

The dress.  This just happened today.  Kinda like breaking news.  Kate picked up a couple dresses from Target today.  She was trying one on when Lea brought the other.  She, being Lea, then insisted on wearing the dress not being tried on by Kate.  She, once again being Lea, then wore the dress for about three hours this evening.  It appeared to was dressed up to go out on the night, or, as Kate put it, she was doing a mean Obi Wan Kenobi impression. Or Liam Neeson in Phantom Menace, who was also a Jedi. 


Lea in her evening gown.

Extra Pic's: 





Finally, Kate and I saw the Avengers.  Everything about the Hulk made me happy to be alive.  BTW, people just got eaten by wolves.  Liam Neeson was not one of them.  In the time I posted and moved the pictures, another guy was eaten.  By wolves, of course.  Liam still lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment