Thursday, August 12, 2010

Balloons and Wallaces

Like the rest of the summer I've let a few things I need to post on pass for weeks without posting. God blesses procrastinators. Betcha you didn't know that.

We'll start things off last weekend.

Lea's Grandma and Grandpa Evans and Aunt Rachael were in town to peddle some antiques at the traveling Antique Road Show, which airs on PBS. They may get on TV. While they were in town we (everyone including Lea) took in the Henry(s) Wallace house. (Quick history lesson. Henry Wallace was Sec. of Ag under FDR. Granted there were four Henry Wallace(s), including Henry's dad, Henry, who was Sec. of Ag. for Harding. President Harding is often believed to be our worst president--so that should be that Henry's dad, Henry, was the worst Sec. of Ag. ever? Now FDR is oft believe to be one of the greatest presidents ever--thus making Henry one of the greatest Sec. of Ag's ever. I wonder if Henry's intense rivalry with his father, Henry, helped him be successful. I believe there was a picture of Henry dancing on his father, Henry's, grave. Okay, I made half of that paragraph up. I'll let you guess which half.)

We also took in the Hot Air Balloon festival in Indianola. (BTW, I just picked the kid up out of her napping bed and she yakked on me. Kids are awesome.) The balloons were neat, but the pictures of Lea watching the balloons are far better.


Lea watching the balloons. Or laughing at Grandma Evans.

Lea playing with Grandma Evans' necklace.

Lea laughing at Grandma again.

Lea with Grandparents Evans and Aunt Rachael.




No comments:

Post a Comment