Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Awful

Sooooooo I went back to work today. Lea went back to daycare full time.


It was rough on everyone. I showed my distress by running around school like a chicken with its head cut off. Lea showed her anger by being a super baby in daycare. (not even being sarcastic)

Here we are. Working and daycaring. (sigh)


New wonderful happy fun things to report. Lea had her 6 month check up. She weighed in at 14 pounds 3 ounces (she is in the 0.06 percentile of humans in this house according to weight, her mother is in the 50%. I'm in the 100%. Who ever comes up with the answer of how much Kate and I weigh wins a cookie. You can post your answers below. Or email me. Or facebook me. I'll send the cookie myself. Winners choice.) She, being Lea, was 26 inches long. (If science has taught us anything, it's that no one cares about height percentile rank. It's a fact. Look it up. Stupid tall people)

Lea also had some more visitors this past weekend. Grandma and Grandpa Sand came and visited her. (Oh sure it was also Kate's birthday [29 again!], but really it's all about the baby at this point.) Lea did a fantastic job with her grandparents. Lots of smiles and giggles. Lea became best buds with her Grandpa Sand. They were inseparable most of Saturday...okay all of Saturday. (BTW, I ate two pounds of St. Louie style ribs at the Machine Shed, suffering only a minor case of the meat sweats)
Because I'm dumb, I didn't get any pictures with Grandma and Grandpa. Which means random bonus picture time!

Stanford BABY!!!

Okay, maybe she just likes the clicky sounds of the keys. Interestingly enough she refuses to play with the computer unless it's on and I or Kate are on it.

Lea is only smiling as a means to mock her dad's cartoon grin. And her mother wants another one.


6 months. Cute.


Who needs a professional when you can turn the camera on yourself. This trick always earned a laugh in college. At least for me. I loved when people trusted me with their cameras. I was cool.

4 comments:

  1. Fortunately, you told me today that you weigh 220. I'm going to guess that Kate is just under 1/2 your weight at 105. Do i get a cookie? if so, i prefer choclate chip. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Math is off...contest continues!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve is 236.5lbs. Lea is growing so fast :)

    ReplyDelete