Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Draft!

Yesterday's post will become this morning post, which means I need to get motivated and post again this afternoon.  Lost motivation yesterday because Kate and I went to a movie (21 Jump Street. Funny, exactly what I expected. Low expectations=rarely ever disappointed).

I forgot to mention at the end of the zoo trip Lea ran up to the car and hugged it.  That was funny.

My excitement over Lea's reaction to the zoo was tempered on Thursday when we went to Menards.  Apparently, Menards is to 2 year old's as Disney World is to people who like Disney-fied things.  She gleefully played with the sinks, counter tops, outdoor furniture, riding law mowers and doors.  Yes, my daughter loves doors.  The best part was when I dragged her out of the store with her screaming "My door! My door!"  Kate and everyone else in the store could hear us leaving.  Awesome. 

Thursday Lea got to attend her first NFL Draft Party (NFL is the property of the NFL and I did not use it without their permission. All rights reserved or something. Please don't sue me.)  Lea spent the who draft playing with one of her best buds Trevin.  Why they weren't analyzing the trades and player movement, I don't know.  Seems like they wasted time running around Trevin's kitchen, jumping and screaming while the most exciting draft in years was unfolding.  Such a child. She'll regret it when I explain the complexities and importance of the draft in years to come.  I guess she did have a ridiculous amount of fun, so that's something. 

Here's a Lea picture.  I call this, Lea's morning eyes. (Pre-coffee)






No comments:

Post a Comment